Monday, October 8, 2012

The fox and his lesson

Today in Grammar I wrote a Fable about a fox and a lesson he learned. Here is my story.
 
 
 
            Once upon a time there was a very selfish fox.  He only cared about him and his stuff.  The fox lived alone in an old oak tree.  Just the way he liked it.  But one day his family decided to pay him a visit.  "Hey Fritz," the fox's dad said.  "Uh what are you doing here?   You know I like to be alone, only my stuff is welcome," the fox replied.  " Well we just wanted to pay you a visit, we haven't seen you in so long," said his mom.  " Pay how much?" said the fox eagerly.  "How about we pay you in love," replied his dad.  " Love? I don't think so," the fox said as he slammed the door.  "I thought we were being friendly," said his sister.  "Apparently not," said his brother.  "Oh well lets go visit Vernen," said his dad. 
             The next day a friendly old turtle wobbled by with a plate of cookies.  He wanted to share them with someone.  So he knocked on the first door he came upon, which was the fox's.  So the turtle knocked on the fox's door.  "What do you need," yelled the fox.  "Uh I just wanted to share these cookies with you," replied the turtle.  "If you have cookies you may set them on the table then leave," said the fox.  "OK then," replied the turtle.  
           The next few days the turtle kept bringing the fox cookies.  Then finally the turtle said "I will only let you have these cookies if you share them with me," "Oh I suppose so," replied the fox.  Then the fox and the turtle decided to eat cookies together every day.  The fox and the turtle became very good friends.  The fox decided that having friends was nice.  He also decided to have his family over for dinner.  The fox had learned a very valuable lesson.  That friends and family are important and it's OK to share.
 
done by Ella 
 


2 comments:

  1. Nice story Ella! Family & friends are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ella !! That is a really good story. I think you could be doing Jake and Julie Elf stories in no time. You have raised the bar for my stories. I'm going to have to think up a good one and send it for your comments.

    G'Pa Moxley

    ReplyDelete