Friday, October 26, 2012

Review Week

This week has been a review week- since we are done with our first quarter of home school! (This is "The Mom") I am posting to brag about how wonderful these kids did this quarter. :)

This week we had a spelling test every day to review the past 8 weeks worth of Spelling Tests. Ella had 144 words total and got 100%! Aaron and Ashton had 82 spelling words and Aaron got 100% and Ashton only missed one.  Not too bad!!!

For math--Ella got 100% on her math test. Aaron and Ashton had 80 problems of addition through 18. Aaron got 80/80 and Ashton got 77/80.  They also had 80 problems of subtraction through 18 and Aaron got 72/80 and Ashton got 65/80.  I must say---for skipping a grade Ashton has done very well. This test was actually the first time either of them did that many subtraction problems all by themselves- so I didn't know how they'd do. I am proud of them though. They both don't like subtraction very much- but they worked through that test. I've seen lots of improvement even in these 9 weeks of school. I'm excited to see even more improvement.

For Reading- Ella finished a book called "Addie's Dakota Winter".  We both liked it--it gave us a glimpse of what life on the prairie would be like. It was similar to the "Little House on the Prairie" books.
The boys have been reading "Farmer Boy" and love it!! It's always a good sign when I finish a chapter and they beg me to keep reading. :)

For Science- the kids got to re-do all of their favorite science experiments over the last 9 weeks.

For Social Studies--Ella is studying the Revolutionary War. She got to research weapons used, and she researched a heroine of the War named Molly Pitcher.
The boys are focusing on communities.

They are all doing well in piano. I love hearing them practice- it's one of my favorite sounds!

That is a an overview of what we did this week- our Review Week. I am so proud of these kiddos!! So far, home schooling has gone really well. They have great attitudes for the most part, and I love watching them learn and progress.

3 comments: