Friday, November 29, 2013

My WW1 book


           For my Reading this week it said to read a Nonfiction book so I chose to read a book about World War 1 because I was studying it in Social Studies.  I'm reading a book called The War To End All Wars. 

          One of the things I thought was interesting was, On the first Christmas during WW1 the soldiers on both sides came out of the trenches, and gave each other gifts.  Some of the gifts were food and cigars.  Then they built a snow man, and not a single bullet was fired that day.  Sadly the generals found out and the soldiers were not able to do this the other three years of the war.

Here is a picture of the snow man they made.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting story! I remember that they sang Christmas carols across the trenches, but I didn't know they built a snowman together :)

    ReplyDelete